- This event has passed.
Sensing Your Sinuous Spine Workshop
February 8 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The movement and stability of our spines are essential to our health and well being.
Yet, by adulthood, most of us have some degree of restriction in the movement of our spines, which tends to worsen as we age. This can show up as a lessening of our range of movement or as pain in our backs or necks. It is important to understand why we are experiencing this and how to go about changing the way we use our spines.
In this workshop you will:
- Explore the fundamental movements of the spine
- Become aware of where you habitually rotate, flex and extend your spine – and where you don’t!
- Understand and sense how constrictions in your spine affect the rest of your body and how restrictions in the movement of your limbs and rib cage impacts your spine.
- Find the suppleness and increased range of movement that results from moving your spine as a whole.
- Experience how a supple spine creates a sense of lightness and ease in being upright and more access to the power of the pelvis.